- Search & Destroy Round Ends in 15 SecondsPosted 403 days ago
- How to Prestige With No Blood on Your HandsPosted 403 days ago
- New “Turned” Zombies Game Mode, What is it All About?Posted 404 days ago
- Black Ops 2 Update Live on Wii U – Here Are the Patch NotesPosted 404 days ago
- Die Rise – Use This 8 Player Glitch at Your Own RiskPosted 405 days ago
- Die Rise – How to Build the Trample SteamPosted 406 days ago
- Die Rise – Use This Barrier Glitch at Your Own RiskPosted 406 days ago
- Treyarch Investing Heavily in eSports – $1 Million TournamentPosted 407 days ago
- Black Ops 2 Added to MLG Winter SeasonPosted 407 days ago
- 84-Year-Old Man Having a Blast Playing Black Ops 2Posted 407 days ago
The “Dropping Money” and “LOL” Easter Eggs in Call of Duty: Ghosts
- Updated: December 28, 2013
Easter eggs have long been a part of the video game sub-culture. They are the little secrets that make games more enjoyable, and which put smiles on the faces of players. The Call of Duty series contains a ton of them — and Call of Duty: Ghosts is no exception. In a sit-down interview with IGN, during the Extinction Day Stream, two of the more interesting Easter eggs from Ghosts were demonstrated. These eggs have become known as the “dropping money” trick, and the “LOL” secret – for reasons that will soon become apparent.
The dropping money trick is exceedingly simple. In the Extinction game mode, a player can jump once, and then hold the jump button down for several seconds without moving. Assuming that the player has enough money to do so, he or she will deploy several boxes of his or her own cash that other players can then pick up and use. This trick pushes the limits as to what it means to be an Easter egg – because it can actually be very useful.
The “LOL” trick, by comparison, is less-useful — it’s also a heck of a lot weirder. While playing on the Point of Contact Exction mode map, the player will find a sign that spells out “Gils Lodge Motel.” If the player quickly shoots out the sign’s “L-O-L” letters, in order, the egg will be activated. For several minutes after performing this trick, killing an alien will result in it exploding into a number of teddy bear aliens. It’s bizarre, and it’s pointless, but it’s also incredibly amusing. In other words, it’s everything a good Easter egg should be.
During the same stream in which Activision revealed these two secrets, they made the claim that players still have not discovered all of the Easter eggs present in Call of Duty: Ghosts. If that claim is to be believed, than it could be a fun year for Call of Duty players.