- Search & Destroy Round Ends in 15 SecondsPosted 755 days ago
- How to Prestige With No Blood on Your HandsPosted 755 days ago
- New “Turned” Zombies Game Mode, What is it All About?Posted 756 days ago
- Black Ops 2 Update Live on Wii U – Here Are the Patch NotesPosted 756 days ago
- Die Rise – Use This 8 Player Glitch at Your Own RiskPosted 757 days ago
- Die Rise – How to Build the Trample SteamPosted 758 days ago
- Die Rise – Use This Barrier Glitch at Your Own RiskPosted 758 days ago
- Treyarch Investing Heavily in eSports – $1 Million TournamentPosted 758 days ago
- Black Ops 2 Added to MLG Winter SeasonPosted 758 days ago
- 84-Year-Old Man Having a Blast Playing Black Ops 2Posted 759 days ago
Black Ops 2 Double Weapon XP Weekend Announced
- Updated: January 29, 2013
The release of a new Map Pack is usually a reason to host a Double XP weekend. This time around things are happening a bit differently. Probably because the previous Double XP weekend only ended last Monday (January 28th).
Instead of a Double XP weekend, Treyarch will be hosting a Double Weapon XP weekend. This was announced via the in-game message on Xbox 360 consoles.
Starting on Friday, Feb 1st (10 am/PST) and going through Monday, Feb 4th (10 am/PST) you will earn Double Weapon XP on all weapons. Double XP allows to level up and unlock attachments at twice the usual rate.
After double checking the in-game message on PC, I found out that the Double Weapon XP weekend will only be hosted on Xbox 360. This would make sense since only Xbox 360 players can use the new Peacekeeper SMG.
PlayStation 3 and PC users can expect a Double Weapon XP weekend following the launch of the Revolution Map Pack on February 28th. If I had to guess, Treyarch will combine the Double XP and Double Weapon XP into 1 weekend, so you get the best of both worlds. We will have to wait and see what happens though.
So, clear your calendar for the weekend, because you’re going to need all the time you can get to earn XP for your weapons.