- Search & Destroy Round Ends in 15 SecondsPosted 590 days ago
- How to Prestige With No Blood on Your HandsPosted 590 days ago
- New “Turned” Zombies Game Mode, What is it All About?Posted 591 days ago
- Black Ops 2 Update Live on Wii U – Here Are the Patch NotesPosted 591 days ago
- Die Rise – Use This 8 Player Glitch at Your Own RiskPosted 592 days ago
- Die Rise – How to Build the Trample SteamPosted 593 days ago
- Die Rise – Use This Barrier Glitch at Your Own RiskPosted 593 days ago
- Treyarch Investing Heavily in eSports – $1 Million TournamentPosted 594 days ago
- Black Ops 2 Added to MLG Winter SeasonPosted 594 days ago
- 84-Year-Old Man Having a Blast Playing Black Ops 2Posted 594 days ago
A First-Look on Call of Duty: Ghosts’ Downloadable Pre-Order Bonus “Free Fall”
- Updated: September 5, 2013
Infinity Ward recently released a behind-the-scenes video introducing Free Fall, a dynamic multiplayer map that was made as a downloadable bonus feature for players who pre-ordered Call of Duty: Ghosts.
Along with Ghosts’ development team, Infinity Ward’s executive producer, Mark Rubin, discussed the concept of a dynamic map and how it was integrated into Free Fall’s cinematic moment. In Free Fall, players are trapped in a crumbling building which falls over and becomes lodged against the adjacent skyscraper.
Asked what a dynamic map is all about, Rubin detailed that the idea is to bring the “cinematic single-player experience to multiplayer“. And so players find themselves in a set where the floor is actually a glass building and with an environment that is very unstable with random objects tumbling all over. Lines of sight are constantly changing as well, as the players’ footing shifts periodically. The landscape of the map also changes as the games progress.
Over all, Rubin promises that Free Fall would be an intense and action-packed experience that even seasoned Call of Duty players would find enjoyable. See for yourself by watching the video below and tell us what you think.
As mentioned earlier, Free Fall is a downloadable pre-order bonus for Ghosts. As of late, Infinity Ward has yet to release any news on when or how it will be made available to those who did not pre-order. So sit tight and cross your fingers, everybody!
Call of Duty: Ghosts is scheduled to be released on November 5, 2013 on Xbox, PC and PlayStation 3. The PS4 version will be released alongside the console on November 15 in North America, while players located in Europe will get their hands on the next-gen version on November 29. Release on Xbox One is coming soon as well.